Australia's aid helps fight poverty & meet regional challenges
Australian Aid helps people living in poor communities within our region and across the world break down the barriers of poverty which prevent them from realising their God-given potential and build a better and fairer future.
In the last year, Australia’s overseas aid helped to:
- vaccinate almost 3 million children against killer diseases
- provide safe water to more than 2 million people
- provide access to basic sanitation to around 800,000 people
- enrol 1.8 million girls and boys in school
- distribute more than 130 million treated bednets to prevent malaria
In the last 20 years, the world has made great progress against poverty and Australian Aid has played a part in that story.
Yet, Australia’s overseas aid budget has been cut to its lowest ever level and Australia has dramatically scaled back our contribution to international development cooperation.
Now, more than ever, is a critical time for Australian Christians to stand up for the life-changing work of our aid program.
Join us as we campaign for Australian aid