We're for Australian Aid because it makes a world of difference.
Australian Aid helps people living in poor communities within our region and across the world break down the barriers of poverty which prevent them from realising their God-given potential and build a better and fairer future.
Last year, Australia’s overseas aid helped to:
- vaccinate almost 3 million children against killer diseases
- provide safe water to more than 2 million people
- provide access to decent sanitation to almost 2 million people
- enrol 1 million poor children in school
- provide almost 12 million people who were caught in conflict or a crisis with life-saving assistance
In the last 20 years, the world has made great progress against poverty and Australian Aid has played a part in that story.
Yet, Australia’s overseas aid budget has suffered from successive cuts in recent years, and has lost the bi-partisan support it once held. These have dramatically set back our aid contribution to international development cooperation.
Now, more than ever, is a critical time for Australian Christians to stand up for the life-changing work of our aid program.
30 September, 2015
The nations of the world have unanimously adopted… Read More
9 September, 2015
Over the past week, a single image of a drowned… Read More
9 July, 2015
Maybe it seems that Micah Challenge has been a… Read More