Women Leaders Network Coordinator
- Start date Monday 1st November, 2021
- 12-month maternity leave position
- 3 days a week (21 hours)
- High degree of flexibility for the right candidate (outside of events)
- Work remotely or Newcastle office (head office location)
- Travel to capital cities for key events 8-10 times a year
- Renumeration based on experience and qualifications
Micah Australia is a coalition of Australia's leading Christian development agencies. Our mission is to empower Christians to advocate and engage our political leaders on the significant role Australia has to play in the fight against extreme poverty and injustice in our world. Each year we work closely with our member agencies, to connect with and train hundreds of Christians to engage their Federal MP through our relational advocacy model, which is based on an approach to lobbying that is highly professional, warm and engaging, while still speaking truth to power.
Impact you will make
Working closely alongside the National Director, your role will focus on coordinating, connecting, and leading Micah’s Women Leaders Network.
Over the past 3 years, the Micah Women Leaders Network has become one of the most diverse, powerful and unique gatherings of women leaders the Australian Church has seen, with representatives from across the full spectrum of denominations, ministries and businesses, coming together to speak up for justice.
The goals of this network are to equip, connect and unite these women leaders for highly effective advocacy on issues related to Micah’s key policy areas - ending extreme poverty, leaving no one behind (women, children, people with disabilities), ending COVID-19 for all, addressing climate change, and stopping conflict.
Read about the latest Women Leaders Canberra gathering here!
What you’ll do
- Coordinate our annual Women Leaders Network capital city breakfast tour for connecting with both existing and new women leaders to brief and inspire them on Micah’s campaigns and upcoming advocacy opportunities for the year.
- Coordinate our annual Women Leaders Network Canberra delegation, arranging and accompanying a delegation of 40 women leaders to meet with 40-50 MPs in Parliament House.
- Coordinate and support women leaders to engage in electorate-based meetings with their local MPs.
- Work closely with Micah’s member agencies to carefully manage key relationships with Church leaders and churches that they will nominate for Micah initiatives.
- Develop new ideas and ways of keeping the women leaders better connected and engaged throughout the year, with a focus on optimising Micah’s use of digital communication platforms.
- Carry out other tasks related to stakeholder engagement, communication and logistics coordination to support Micah’s small agile team at other key moments of the year.
- Manage and guide a Micah intern, who will assist you in executing the key events of the Women Leaders Network during the year.
Essential skills and experience
- Highly developed understanding of the Australian Church landscape and demonstrated experience of working in the Australian Church context, alongside church leaders
- Advanced event planning and management skills and experience
- Advanced stakeholder management skills and experience
- Ability to plan, prioritise tasks, and manage time efficiently, including the ability to work simultaneously across a number of projects
- Ability to manage a designated budget for events with our Admin & Financial Officer
- Ability to work autonomously and participate effectively in a small agile team in order to achieve high quality results
Desirable skills and experience
- Understanding of Christian not-for-profits
- Knowledge of global poverty issues and experience working in the international development sector.
- Understanding of the Australian political context
The successful candidate will be strongly aligned to the values of this leading Christian not-for-profit organisation and be looking for a role where you can use your exceptional talent to make a real difference!